help addind a THC Please

Discussion forum for RazorWeld, Everlast, and all other plasma cutters.
Masons Forge
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

help addind a THC Please

Post by Masons Forge »

I have had a table for about 1.5 years. It was built by RoboKut aka HobbyPlaz. I mainly cut art to supplement my Blacksmith business. Right after I got my table the guy "Mitch" flaked out on me. He promised to get me a THC but like support it never got here.
Im running Mach3
controller is Gecko 540
Plasma cutter is an Everlast PP60 but I have a Hypertherm 45 with a hand torch I would like to add to the table while I'm adding. Im good with the mechanical parts but the electrical isn't my thing.
Thanks for the help, this has been a very valuable information source.
Josh
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: help addind a THC Please

Post by acourtjester »

Most THC will have instructions on how to hook then up.
you will need to hook it to the plasma unit (CNC connector) for Arc voltage.
The THC is hooked to the BOB to tell it to move Z up/down. Some THC are more advanced then others.
If you can buy a CandCNC and hook up the Hypertherm. It would also help to have a floating head or Ohmnic Sensor to find the top of the metal to start with in addition to the THC.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Nacs Fab
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Nacs Fab »

Check out www.candcnc.com if you want a cheap solution for your G540 try their LCTHC Low Cost Torch Height Control. They even offer an expansion board that makes the installation into your G540 plug and play - only thing is, you will have to power the G540 through the board, but again - Tom's instructions are straightforward and very easy to follow. If you have any issues with this setup, I would be happy to assist - I also have this on my home built machine. You even get a new Mach screen that has setting info for you. This also includes the THC sensor card that you interface with your plasma cutter. You could be in this for around $350 plus shipping.

If you can afford it - go with their newer MP3100 DTHC IV - it will also come with everything you need and other things like connection cable for the PM45 can be purchased to make this even less "electrical" in nature and more plug and play. They have a ribbon cable that connects to the back of the G540. $775

The median between these two is the MP3000 DTHC II - again plug and play, ribbon cable for G540 and connection options for your PM45. $625

I sound like a salesmen, but in reality I am a satisfied CandCNC customer. I don't even have their nice electronics package - I just went with the LCTHC back in the day and have been pleased with its performance for artwork and so on, and the fact is they have a very good support group. This is why I like to give them props.
Shop Droids Plasmabot 3.0 DIY 4x8 with water table
G540 with LCTHC by candcnc
Hypertherm 1250 with Duramax Torch Upgrade
all built... by me...
Masons Forge

Post by Masons Forge »

Thanks guys. I'll look into it and keep you posted.
Masons Forge

Post by Masons Forge »

Well the guys at CandCNC were nice and helpful but they said a THC wouldn't work on my table because I do have a floating head and also it is a rack and pinion Z axis. Any ideas?

Return to “RazorWeld, Everlast, & All Other Plasma Cutters”