FASTCUT CNC ICON TABLE

FastCut CNC plasma table discussion forum
Dustan
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

FASTCUT CNC ICON TABLE

Post by Dustan »

Well guys and gals I purchased a 4x8 Icon plasma table 7 months ago and I love it but I always had small issues popping up every once in awhile and it was making a almost grinding noise and with time it got to be worse I was in contact with fastcut trying my hardest to explain what is happening but it seemed to be always a different problem in a different way I was starting to think I am in over my head :cry: .But today everything got straightened right out and turns out the main brain whaever its called on the table has a history of losing steps for the motors causing my grind and jump symptoms and my luck I have one but only a minor setback Russel from fastcut is sending me a new revised board and a wireless controller for the table at no cost to me at all(I was to purchase the wireless remote and shipping myself)but there lookin after it for me for the trouble 8-) so now I am waiting for my new parts and my table should work as it should of from day one I cant wait its like getting my table all over again :D KUDOS TO THE GUYS @ FASTCUT CNC THEY ROCK (just like there tables) 8-)
Dustan
Krazy Kutz metal designs
bzzboyz
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: FASTCUT CNC ICON TABLE

Post by bzzboyz »

I have the same problem from time to time, but I've found that most of the time it's trash in the tracks. I have to continually clean them before every cut now. Wasted a lot of steel before I figured it out. I really wish I'd researched more when I bought mine. A machine with a track above the work area would seem to have been a better option but I'm stuck with it now. Russell is a big help though.
Dennis
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Dennis »

bzzboyz wrote:I have the same problem from time to time, but I've found that most of the time it's trash in the tracks.

I do piles of cutting and never had an issue with any build up on my gear racks... Are you using a water table or a down draft system. At best you should only take a couple minutes to blow of the rails with compressed air.
Dennis
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Dennis »

Dustin you will love the wireless remote.... And you better not post that you can't figure out how to run it ,my 6 year old can run mine almost better than I can. :lol: I will post up a video of him sometime running the table though its paces with the remote. ;) Might have to take him out of grade 1 so I can put him to work full time :lol:
bzzboyz
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by bzzboyz »

Dennis wrote:
bzzboyz wrote:I have the same problem from time to time, but I've found that most of the time it's trash in the tracks.

I do piles of cutting and never had an issue with any build up on my gear racks... Are you using a water table or a down draft system. At best you should only take a couple minutes to blow of the rails with compressed air.

I'm using a water bed, and its a constant problem. I'm cutting 5-6 sheets of 4x8x3/8 per day. It's not the upper gear track that is the problem. It's the lower guide track that causes it to jump and hesitate. Small pieces get down on the track under the gear between the track guides and when it hits one of the splices on the bottom track and jumps or drags. It'll ruin an entire cut on a $300.00 sheet of metal. It's a constant nuisance, but like I said, I'm stuck with it and I have to get my work done with what I have. Its a very very temperamental machine.
Dennis
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Dennis »

Sounds like you would of been better off purchasing the G6 table..It is a lot more of a commercial set up.
What are you using for a Plasma unit.
bzzboyz
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by bzzboyz »

Thermal Dynamics A80
Last edited by bzzboyz on Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dennis
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Dennis »

bzzboyz wrote:Thermo Dynamics A80
I use the same ,but mostly cut 1/4, what settings you using for 3/8 plate.... And how is your cut quality.

Thanks Dennis
bzzboyz
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by bzzboyz »

Dennis wrote:
bzzboyz wrote:Thermo Dynamics A80
I use the same ,but mostly cut 1/4, what settings you using for 3/8 plate.... And how is your cut quality.

Thanks Dennis

Using a 90-100 tip set at about 90 amps and 80 on the air flow. Cut quality is great at a speed of 55-60. My biggest problem as I said is the tracks jumping and sticking. Today was really bad. It's worse now that I can't move anything manually. I have to re start the entire cut when it happens. I clean them out after every cut and I still have problems.
Dennis
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Dennis »

Did you get the updated circuit board...

Is there anyway you could flip the gear racks , you would loose about an inch of Z travel , but that would not be a big deal...

What are you actually cutting out of that much 3/8 plate...

Could you post a picture of your table and the problem you are having, I would like to see if there is a way to modify my table so this would not happen to me.
bzzboyz
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by bzzboyz »

Dennis wrote:Did you get the updated circuit board...
DON'T KNOW BUT I BOUGHT IT IN MAY

Is there anyway you could flip the gear racks , you would loose about an inch of Z travel , but that would not be a big deal...
PROBABLY COULD BUT CANT AFFORD THE DOWN TIME TILL THE END OF JANUARY.

What are you actually cutting out of that much 3/8 plate...
SEE BELOW

Could you post a picture of your table and the problem you are having, I would like to see if there is a way to modify my table so this would not happen to me.
I'LL TRY ON MONDAY

I

I'm making 250 6' wide bridge rail panels like the ones in the pictures. I'm cutting the vertical pieces on my table. 4 large ones and one small center one for each panel.

Dennis
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Dennis »

Looks great... You got some work ahead of you...
Eagle Mtn Metal Works
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Eagle Mtn Metal Works »

Hey Buzzboyz
Your work looks great. Witch side faces the walk side of the bridge? Ya don't want anybody to be able to clime the rails and fall over the side. :lol: What part of the country are they going to be installed, would like to see the finished look.
Rod S in AZ
bzzboyz
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by bzzboyz »

I'm in Texas. I didn't design em' and I already mentioned that, but they said build em' so I am. It's a pedestrian bridge.

Here's a smaller portion with a different look we did on a walkway on the same project.
Eagle Mtn Metal Works
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Eagle Mtn Metal Works »

Very nice
I like the second style better. Are you going to mount the rails on the inside like the ones in the picture? They do look nice.
Rod S in AZ
Dustan
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Dustan »

Hi all sorry I never replyed here on this post so heres an update on how my table is workin now these days great before like crap and it was the circut board on the table it was causing it to lose steps and jump and grind and hesitate causing total loss of the metal I was cutting it progressivly got worse to the point were it wouldnt even home itself at the start of the day so i sent it to fastcut and got it back hooked it up and walla works perfect now and has not made a single grunt or grind I use a A60 plasma and if I cut on 80 amps it does its duty cycle and shuts down right now i am basicaly just doing artwork the odd yard sign or gate so 60 amps is lots for now I am having some trouble with dross and peircing sometimes works great and sometimes it kinda just makes a mess of the peirce not sure why but othe than that it works great . The only flaw in my eyes of a 4x8 icon from fastcut is my shop floor is not excactly level so adjustable legs would have been great (which I made myself) and a spreader bar in joining the center legs together causing a more ridgid structure like the 4x4 table has. oh and the wireles remote is GOLDEN and yes I played vids all my life and still do so I caught on to that right away lol 8-)
Krazy Kutz metal designs

Return to “FastCut CNC Forum”