HELP WITH THC

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
tdalechick
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

HELP WITH THC

Post by tdalechick »

I am having problems with my torch dragging across the metal almost breaking it off before I hurry and hit the stop button!! You guessed it I have a Burn Table. I haven't had this issue before and it has been working great until I went to cut 10 ga and have switched the sheet cam back to 14 ga now it has been cutting horrible. Now the torch is dragging. Just tried moving my ground to the metal itself thinking it was getting a bad ground well it just did the same dragging and almost broke off so that is not the problem. Just reset all the settings in sheet cam to what was recommended by burn tables. Any other help out there would be appreciated it. I have a huge order and need to get started while I am off this weekend and burn tables is closed and they answered my email and gave me settings but turning that knob is not helping getting the torch moved up where its not dragging while cutting a 3 inch square... I am using a Hypertherm 45. If anyone could help me please let me know. Thanks Cassie
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: HELP WITH THC

Post by tnbndr »

I don't have a BT but have you tried turning off the THC and just manually setting the height so that it will cut? May get you through the weekend.
Also i would look into a magnetic torch holder in the future. If the torch drags it pulls off the holder and shuts everything down. No chance of breaking a $$$$ torch body.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
tdalechick
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by tdalechick »

I will give that a try just to see if it will cut.... Where do you look into the magnetic torch item at? may need to check into this. I almost think it may be the control box but hoping its not.
tnbndr

Post by tnbndr »

Try this link as a start:
http://www.snapncut.com/

I think there are other systems also.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
HARDCORECASH
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by HARDCORECASH »

tdalechick wrote:I am having problems with my torch dragging across the metal almost breaking it off before I hurry and hit the stop button!! You guessed it I have a Burn Table. I haven't had this issue before and it has been working great until I went to cut 10 ga and have switched the sheet cam back to 14 ga now it has been cutting horrible. Now the torch is dragging. Just tried moving my ground to the metal itself thinking it was getting a bad ground well it just did the same dragging and almost broke off so that is not the problem. Just reset all the settings in sheet cam to what was recommended by burn tables. Any other help out there would be appreciated it. I have a huge order and need to get started while I am off this weekend and burn tables is closed and they answered my email and gave me settings but turning that knob is not helping getting the torch moved up where its not dragging while cutting a 3 inch square... I am using a Hypertherm 45. If anyone could help me please let me know. Thanks Cassie

Did you get your problems figured out?? Just curious what the solution was. I have a Powermax 85 and a 4x8 Burntable. My THC has been flawless once I got it dialed in. Took me a little bit to get it figured out since I am new to the CNC plasma world. Let me know if I can help.
IMG_1956.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Woodchuck33
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Woodchuck33 »

Same thing here I was cutting .25 and went to cut 11 gauge and not the torch cuts a couple cuts then turn off wasted materials what was the fix?
socket17
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by socket17 »

i dont even bother using my thc with my burn tables.. its never worked. after snapping both the little cheap torch holders i built my own and just run it.
GPM870
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by GPM870 »

You're right, the BT torch holder is a piece of $#!!^. I ended up making one out of aluminum which was a little heavier then the delaminated plastic crap part but as a bonus I got rid of the highly engineered bungie cord :roll: .
The torch height control is total crap but unfortunately I have to fight with it as the slats are an inch higher on the left front of the table compared to the right rear.
My problem is opposite of yours, I can never get the torch close enough to the plate to get a decent cut. The best I can get for a torch height is a quarter inch off the plate even with the "Knob" rotated right just off the left stop. Putting up with crappy cuts and grinding dross until you blow black snot boogers :o is better than having an expensive POS sitting in the shop collecting dust instead of making some.
Now for some tips that MAY or may not help,
I do have to play with the THC percentage quite often for different steel thicknesses (could be more of a cut speed difference, I'm not sure) and if cutting artsy stuff you will be adjusting it even more. I also had to play with the THC speed. I turned it up until it gave me a bad bounce then back it off to prevent oscillations.
If anyone is keeping track you can put another tick mark next to the "Unsatisfied customer" for Burntables.
Gerry
Powermax 85
Sheetcam
Mach 3
4 x 4
burntables table

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”