Help Upgrading BurnTable to CandCNC

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
WinterFabrication
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Help Upgrading BurnTable to CandCNC

Post by WinterFabrication »

Hey guys,

After getting nowhere with BurnTable's "assistance" fixing my machine, I think I've decided to rebuild using CandCNC parts.

I've seen the YouTube video of the timelapse upgrade, but is there a detailed list anywhere of parts, prices, assembly instructions?

What I know so far:
-Bladerunner 620-4 Stepper System
-Rebuild Gantry so it's lighter (parts needed? diagram?)
-Steer everybody away from BurnTables brand

Specs - BurnTables 4x8
Hypertherm 45

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
http://www.facebook.com/WinterFabrication

Matt
CandCNC Ethercut
Precision Plasma Gantry
Hypertherm Powermax 45
WinterFabrication
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Help Upgrading BurnTable to CandCNC

In case anybody was curious about the issues I was having, here's the link...
http://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=14113

Matt
CandCNC Ethercut
Precision Plasma Gantry
Hypertherm Powermax 45
TJS
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by TJS »

I am a newbie here. I have seen that video. I would suggest getting in touch with Ron C. from Precision Plasma LLC. Maybe he can assist you in retrofitting your Zcar or some gantry parts. I started a 4 x 8 Precsion Plasma build thread and maybe you can get some ideas how to retrofit by looking at some of my pics and the ganrty set up as well as some good shots of the Z-car. The company that furbishes the Z car in the video is very proud of it. $$
I do not know your fabrication skills or the equipment you have on hand. I would imagine it may take some machining, mill/lathe work as well as welding. Good luck. Post your retrofit build.
T.J.

Also be very careful what you post about companies on the net.
SeanP
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SeanP »

Looks like CanCNC are looking after you very well, they have just uploaded this video, looks like part 2 to follow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvN3UDQ ... 0YGIpBIBDg
Powermax XP45
Home built table, Candcnc DTHC 2, Dragoncut 620-4
R-Tech 210 Tig, Jasic 250 mig
Sheetcam, Scanything, Coreldraw
Table build gallery
WinterFabrication
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Yessir,

I've been in contact with Luke from CandCNC the past couple days and he mentioned that they were working on more videos. I will definitely subscribe to their YouTube channel and watch those videos this afternoon.

Matt
CandCNC Ethercut
Precision Plasma Gantry
Hypertherm Powermax 45
kcroucher
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by kcroucher »

I also had a bad table from Burn Tables. I bought everything from CANDCNC and also Precision Plasma. Our table is now the best we could ask for. We have a Hypertherm 85. I also tried to return mine to Burn tables for only 85% of my money back but when they got it there some how it got damaged in transit. So now it is on the way back here with no refund. I have to deal with fed ex i guess. The customer service at burn tables is the worst I have ever delt with. I was on the phone with Kyle it was 10 min before they closed and He ask me to send over a picture and we hung up and I sent it and called right back 2 min later and they turned off the phones. I thought no way we was in the middle of a tech call and im setting at computer waiting and they turn phones off. Unreal if you ask me. I own a buisness and work many late nights to keep everything rolling like it should but they cant stay 5 min over to help. NEVER EVER buy from them all a big scam. I could type all day but you know.
WinterFabrication
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Did you buy CandCNC & Precision Plasma parts and build a table from scratch or are you rebuilding the BurnTable with those parts?

Matt
CandCNC Ethercut
Precision Plasma Gantry
Hypertherm Powermax 45
kcroucher
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by kcroucher »

I built a completly differant table from scratch. I also put a water tray in it. It is not even close to what I got from burn tables. I just got back the computer from burn table not sure where the table is at. But I will scrap this burn table it is junk and should never be used in a shop.
WinterFabrication
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

I bought mine used from Craigslist. Worked when I went to see it in person, worked for a very short time at my shop, too. Then the control box took a dump.

I'm looking forward to rebuilding it and actually make money with it!

I just wish somebody would hurry up and buy my car so I can buy the new CNC parts

Matt
CandCNC Ethercut
Precision Plasma Gantry
Hypertherm Powermax 45
Doc Hollywood
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Doc Hollywood »

I'm supprised there's no class action suit against bt going on yet...
kkroger
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by kkroger »

To build a gantry for that should be simple, cut off what is there sparing the frame mainly.
Then one of Ron's HD gantry setups should work.
You will have to determine what width you will need either the 4-5 or 6' model.
You should be able to add the CRS rails to the Burntables frame...
Just add a riser tube to the existing frame after removing the BT crap, then create your CRS tracks and drill and tap for those. Add your CandCNC electrics and off you go!

Though with the work involved you may be as much ahead to just cut your losses on the burntable and just build a new table frame and a new gantry. I built my 5x5 frame in 2 days working after my day job, translating to about 6 hours total time. I didn't construct my rails until AFTER I had the Gantry on hand. I had to take the material to my old shop and use the Mill Drill to drill the holes in the CRS accurately. Then I drilled the tubing on the top rails with my old Milwaukee hole shooter. Hand Tapped the 1/4-20 holes in the tubing, the 10-32 holes in the CRS and put it all together.
Working entirely by myself... Probably a grand in material...

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”