Burn tables Bad Table

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
kcroucher
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Burn tables Bad Table

Post by kcroucher »

Hey we just bought a table from Burn Tables and also a Powermax 85 Hypertherm. We can not get it to function the way it should. We was told to weld the top to keep it square from CJ. Also the THC caused the purple plastic thing holding the torch to break all kinds of stuff. It will not go down the rail without slipping and will not go up or down without breaking stuff. We have had 4 guys that run plasma tables everyday look at it and 1 guy who designs for Cummins here in Indiana. None of the bolts stay tight and nothing works like it should. We have had it for a few days and we know we got took. Any help would be great on how you got your money back.
kcroucher
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Burn tables Bad Table

Post by kcroucher »

Also none of the rollers are in line and everything is needs squared up everytime you move the machine. We got contracts to get parts out and now machine is down with broken parts.
CNCCAJUN
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by CNCCAJUN »

Sounds like you need an attorney . . .

Did you do any research before deciding to buy a BURN TABLE?

There are dozens of companies out there building really good equipment . . .

Steve
Smiling Gator Metal Works, LLC
Dynatorch 4X4 XLS
PowerMAX 85
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
kcroucher
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by kcroucher »

Yes we did but did not dig deep enough. We got big trouble ahead im sure
hcweld
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by hcweld »

Tell Kyle that you know that your table is sub-par. He will deny it. Also, tell him you saw the video of a retrofit of on of their tables by tom at candcnc and, if they dont refund your money that you will do the same and post it for all of the world to see.

That was my table that tom fixed and it is remarkable !!

Good luck.
kcroucher
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by kcroucher »

Ok Im setting here waiting till 9 am to call. Im not a jerk at all but I can hear them now it is all my fault. Thank you guys for helping me out
kcroucher
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by kcroucher »

Also were could I see that video at of yours and how do I get ahold of this Tom guy
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Brand X
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Brand X »

Sucks to get burned, but there is help in the aftermarket. If you can't get your money back, bite the bullet and just fix it with some of Tom's stuff. I was in the same boat over ten years ago,with my Practical CNC table. Same sort of operation ... I still have the table, and it cuts pretty nice with the better controls, motors/ THC. I only made a few mods. to the table itself. Better drive bearings/shaft for the X, More bracing on the table, and ditches the motor spring adjustments. I keep the speeds down by using the smaller nozzles available for thin sheet. Zero problems cutting .035 ms with good sharp corner/etc.. One major advantage of the Plasma brands I run. Just a awesome match for my table.. 20-30 amp nozzles really are perfect for art work and Keeping the accuracy up.. With the Net, you will get it up, and running, and there will be valuable lessons learned. Not all downside..although it might seem like it now..
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

In a lot of ways the PCNC was not too bad a machine as far as the mechanics were concerned. The single motor drive with the shaft through the gantry was not real reliable and the method of adjusting gear mesh on the rack and pinion was painful but It had real rails and linear bearings. What was crap was their THC (which never worked as confirmed by the guy that designed it) and any lack of QC. An electronics upgrade went a long ways in having a usable plasma table. Unfortunately that is not the case with BT. Here is a spreadsheet developed during the retro fit to show the areas that needed to change.
BT Rebuild Project Fact sheet.pdf
We continue to get calls from BT owners that bought based on the videos and web marketing. We have to tell them that we are not in the business of building, retro fitting or repairing tables and the video was done as a documentary and not as an advertisement. There is, I think , a general reluctance on a lot of buyers to admit that they got shafted and when they are told that "It's your fault and you need to practice more" or "you are the only one that is having these problems" there is that nagging idea that maybe its their fault. The PCNC debacle went on for years because there were not many forums to post in and they made it a point to carefully build and support specific customers if they would post positive things or have friends post glowing reports that seemed to dispute the negative ones.

Unfortunately there is not a lot of laws that deal with defective or poorly designed equipment. Some states have "lemon" laws that require you give the seller adequate time and opportunity to fix anything. Where the standards are nebulous and "pilot error" can be used to explain problems its mostly a waste of time.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Brand X
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Brand X »

Tom,
I bought the THC from them, and it was a mess. Found Les and he wrote me code to ditch the Wincnc I had. Got the stand alone THC from you.. That is where I started to make progress. Then the control box. Next was to add bracing to the 80-20.. Got involved with Dynacnc a bit. helped a little in certain ways.. I know you tried that route a bit too. Best thing was to ditch the drive-shaft (Factory Rebar like) and build it out of much better material.(re ) (Jimmie at the coast turned one up from me.) He is the master fab guy in Washington that built his table with your stuff and some of the nicer gantry kits made.. Better bearings in the my gantry helped too.

I will say the wiring job in the PCNC table looks very much like the burn table setup.. :D Lots more help fixing stuff now, but still does not remove the bitter taste of being burned..Only when it's fixed will that happen.. I think I pissed away $1,100.00 on the thc from PCNC.. I do appreciate all the work your company, and Les at SheetCam has done for the Plasma cutting world..
shiner2001
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by shiner2001 »

kcroucher wrote:Hey we just bought a table from Burn Tables and also a Powermax 85 Hypertherm. We can not get it to function the way it should. We was told to weld the top to keep it square from CJ. Also the THC caused the purple plastic thing holding the torch to break all kinds of stuff. It will not go down the rail without slipping and will not go up or down without breaking stuff. We have had 4 guys that run plasma tables everyday look at it and 1 guy who designs for Cummins here in Indiana. None of the bolts stay tight and nothing works like it should. We have had it for a few days and we know we got took. Any help would be great on how you got your money back.
I know we've crossed paths on other forums about your table, but for posterity's sake and just to reiterate my point...DEMAND A REFUND. Let them know that you know for a fact they have done that before (I got a refund from them), that you are NOT satisfied, that you WILL NOT be quiet about your dissatisfaction, and that you will do WHATEVER is necessary to get the result you want. They'll tell you it's your fault. They'll tell you it's the trailer you took the table home on's fault. They'll warranty a bunch of their crappy parts (replacing them with the same crappy parts). They'll tell you to keep turning that THC knob. They'll tell you anything they can to NOT admit that they are selling a terrible product...but they are, and there's NO denying that. Stay on them. Be professional, but be persistent.
Derek
Precision Plasma LD 4x8
CandCNC BladeRunner EtherCut Mark IV
HT PM 45
kcroucher
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by kcroucher »

Just a update. We are shipping the Burn Table back, Kyle is giving us 85% of our money back. I am happy with that, I ordered a Gantry today from Precision Plasma LLC. I will get the controls from Tom over at Cand CNC. will start the table build on friday. I hope Burn Tables has us a check here a few days after they get our table back. Kinda got a ton of money out now all at 1 time and not a table that works for now. Will post later pics of our build
hcweld
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by hcweld »

Happy for you. I think 85% is fair too, because I am sure they fought you over that.... Hope everything works out.

Robert
CNCCAJUN
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by CNCCAJUN »

Congratulations . . . wish you would have gotten 100% back . . .

I guess they named their company appropriately . . .

Steve
Dynatorch 4X4 XLS
PowerMAX 85
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
kcroucher
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by kcroucher »

Kyle from Burn table just called and said the Fed Ex truck made it there with our table but it was hit with a fork truck in transit I guess and they refused it. Coming back to us with no refund. Guess I have to deal with fed ex
CNCCAJUN
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by CNCCAJUN »

From reading this forum I am starting to think that DYNATORCH's shipping method is the best.

At the time I thought is was a little over kill . . . :oops:

They have a guy that comes in and builds a crate for each machine unless you elect to go with a Hot Shot Service.

The gantry is in it's on separate crate regardless of shipping method. Makes it easier to handle and protects the most valuable pieces & parts . . .

From what I gathered this guy also builds shipping crates for the space industry in Huntsville, AL. :D

I do know a guy that turned one into a lawn shed . . . :lol: another a play house for his kids . . . :lol:

Maybe we need to start a shipping thread . . . DOs & DO NOT DOs . . .

Steve
Dynatorch 4X4 XLS
PowerMAX 85
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
littlefatbuddy
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by littlefatbuddy »

To the guys that have returned your tables. I was wondering how long you had your tables? Approximate number of run hours? Did you have to pay all the return costs? The unaccepted return costs?
Nacs Fab
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Nacs Fab »

kcroucher wrote:Kyle from Burn table just called and said the Fed Ex truck made it there with our table but it was hit with a fork truck in transit I guess and they refused it. Coming back to us with no refund. Guess I have to deal with fed ex
That sounds Very Shady. From what I've heard about Burntables, it would not surprise me if they fabricated this story. :shock: I have a feeling a company doing this kind of business, will not be a company for long.
Shop Droids Plasmabot 3.0 DIY 4x8 with water table
G540 with LCTHC by candcnc
Hypertherm 1250 with Duramax Torch Upgrade
all built... by me...
shiner2001
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by shiner2001 »

littlefatbuddy wrote:To the guys that have returned your tables. I was wondering how long you had your tables? Approximate number of run hours? Did you have to pay all the return costs? The unaccepted return costs?

To the best of my memory, I had my table for probably 2-3 months. Cutting time was very limited, as when I got the table I still had to get my shop ready, and once I did, the machine sucked so bad that it was basically only good for turning new sheet metal directly into scrap. I got a full refund, minus the sales tax, which I found odd, but I wasn't about to complain about getting out from under that piece of crap. I returned in person since I am about 2 1/2 hours away.
kcroucher
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by kcroucher »

UPDATE. Fed Ex gave us 480 dollars for the table. Thank you Burn Tables for the Screwing. I also just sold your table to a scrap company and got 98 dollars. Not bad for a pile of scrap. Wish I would of read all your reviews before we bought you table. I dont care how many guys come on here and write good things about your table it is a lie. Lesson learned i guess
shiner2001
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by shiner2001 »

Unbelievable, and sadly, TOTALLY believable. Their tables are trash and the personnel there isn't much better.
Derek
Precision Plasma LD 4x8
CandCNC BladeRunner EtherCut Mark IV
HT PM 45

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”