My terrible experience with Burntables and my resolution

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
shiner2001
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: My terrible experience with Burntables and my resolution

Post by shiner2001 »

Black Dog wrote:
The users manual is a joke, written buy an engineer that assumes the reader knows what he is talking about. I found so much stuff wrong with their manual I told Kyle and CJ they needed to put out something that was worth reading and gave specific step by step instructions. I was told they think the manual is just fine.
I'm gonna have to partially disagree with you on that one. I'm not sure there has ever been an engineer anywhere near their business. There also obviously hasn't been an English teacher there, as the manual is a few steps above a Chinese food restaurant's menu from a technical writing standpoint.

But in all seriousness, you're absolutely correct; their user manual is of about as much quality as their table.
Derek
Precision Plasma LD 4x8
CandCNC BladeRunner EtherCut Mark IV
HT PM 45
shiner2001
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by shiner2001 »

762frmafr wrote:You should copy and paste this on Pirate4x4.
Done and done. Actually got some responses from BurnTables. (Sad, pathetic responses).
Derek
Precision Plasma LD 4x8
HT PM 45
762frmafr
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by 762frmafr »

shiner2001 wrote:
762frmafr wrote:You should copy and paste this on Pirate4x4.
Done and done. Actually got some responses from BurnTables. (Sad, pathetic responses).
Link to the pirate thread please?
762frmafr
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by 762frmafr »

Nevermind. I found it.
shiner2001
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by shiner2001 »

762frmafr wrote:Nevermind. I found it.
Sorry, just saw this.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/shop-too ... st27657793
Derek
Precision Plasma LD 4x8
HT PM 45
thefabguy
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by thefabguy »

shiner2001 wrote:13.6 miles. That?s how far I made it down the road after picking up my brand new 4x2 Burntables CNC table. I stopped to check my trailer to make sure my cargo was properly secured and was greeted by a handful of washers, nuts, bolts and bearings laying on my trailer. I promptly snapped the following picture and emailed it to Matt Kool, the salesman I dealt with at BurnTables. His reply: ?Yes, a little tighter would have been preferred.?

It?s also worth noting that I removed (by hand) other hand-tight bolts and bearings at this point so as not to lose them on the rest of the way home. Makes me wonder how such a table was tested at the factory prior to shipment/pick-up? This should have been my first red flag about the quality issues I was soon to experience with BurnTables, but those were actually raised before my purchase as several other victims of BurnTables? sales pitch had advised me to stay far far away from this product. Failing to heed their advice, I did indeed end up taking the leap and making this purchase, which I have regretted literally since day one.

It took a couple of weeks before I was able to complete the installation of the table in my shop and actually begin trying to use it. Immediately, I was greeted with the following examples of the table?s work:

I was assured, however, that the problems I was experiencing were due to the fact that I was using a Hypertherm PowerMax 45 plasma cutter and their table?s Torch Height Control had a very small window of compatibility with this particular plasma cutter, but to keep adjusting their THC knob and eventually I would find the ?sweet spot.? I finally was indeed able to eventually make what I thought were acceptable cuts. As it turns out, I would have been happy with ANY completed cut, regardless of quality. Starve a man long enough and he?ll eat anything, right? This small time frame of ?success? was short lived, however, as simply changing the consumables of my machine torch threw the machine so far out of whack that I once again could not even come close to completing a cut, often not even moving the torch once the initial pierce was made. More knob turning. More knob turning. Calls to ?tech support.? Instructions to keep turning the knob. Literally hours of knob turning. It was at this point I realized I was fighting an uphill battle. If this was standard operating procedure for recalibrating the machine after a simple consumables change, I was dealing with an unacceptable piece of equipment that at its best, wasn?t good enough. This is when I first asked for a refund for the table, a request which was ignored, and instead was offered the chance to send in my computer, controller, and plasma cutter for inspection and testing. Instead I packed it all up and drove it back to BurnTables myself. After a few hours onsite with Kyle Riggens (owner) and CJ Ortiz (tech support), they swapped not only my control box (because of an unknown internal issue), but also my Hypertherm unit for brand new ones. Before my experience with BurnTables, my Hypertherm was a perfectly functioning cutting unit. After they made their requisite internal modification to my torch, however, it threw an internal breaker multiple times every time I turned it on. As soon as Kyle was made aware of this, he immediately swapped my unit for a new one. (This one also didn?t work, so they then swapped that one for another new one). So, with minimal actual usage on the table and less than two months of ownership, I?ve already made a six hour roundtrip to Hutto and come home with a new BurnTables controller and a new Hypertherm unit, which worked perfectly prior to interfacing with their equipment and prior to their internal modification of the plasma cutter, which they assured me was a modification made based on Hypertherm?s own publication. However, according to an engineer at Hypertherm, ?From Hypertherm?s perspective it is a modification that we would not authorize?.as it would cause us to lose our CSA certification.?

Also worth noting from my little trip to BurnTables was that immediately upon setting up my equipment to test, their ?tech support,? CJ, broke the limit switch on the Z axis of their test machine by running it down into the table. It didn?t take long before he also shattered one of their cheaply made plastic torch mounts (Below is a picture, also of their bungee cord spring for material sensing). Not very inspiring actions by the supposed expert on this table.

shiner2001
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by shiner2001 »

thefabguy wrote:
Dude, we get it. You're Burntables' biggest fanboy/shill. You've already been run off of Pirate 4x4, but thanks for such a mature contribution here. Very insightful stuff you got there, pal.
Derek
Precision Plasma LD 4x8
HT PM 45
kcroucher
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by kcroucher »

Hey we just bought a table from Burn Tables and also a Powermax 85 Hypertherm. We can not get it to function the way it should. We was told to weld the top to keep it square from CJ. Also the THC caused the purple plastic thing holding the torch to break all kinds of stuff. It will not go down the rail without slipping and will not go up or down without breaking stuff. We have had 4 guys that run plasma tables everyday look at it and 1 guy who designs for Cummins here in Indiana. None of the bolts stay tight and nothing works like it should. We have had it for a few days and we know we got took. Any help would be great on how you got your money back. Please email or call please
shiner2001
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by shiner2001 »

Persistance, persistance, persistance. They will surely tell you they do not give refunds (or "buy back tables" as they like to say), but I'm here to tell you that they will if you stay on them, or at least they did for me. Feel free to tell them that you know they have done it before. If you just got it, it should be even easier than it was for me, as mine was a couple months after purchase. As far as tech support, that's worthless since their product is flawed from the design phase on. I watch CJ personally rip a limit switch off of their test table when he was testing (and ultimately replacing) my control box. That he is their "tech support" was very telling for me. The torch holder that you referred to is also a complete joke. They have two 3D printers running all day making those cheap excuses for a torch holder. Seriously, it's plastic.

I don't know what size table you have or how much you spent, but whatever it is, it's a sizable investment. Do not take no for an answer. Hold them accountable.

Stay on them for a refund, as this is the next best option...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH4rVFOKmvM
Derek
Precision Plasma LD 4x8
HT PM 45
wyopower
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by wyopower »

How did you like the tech support 1 800 india, and the 1960S answering machine voice mail recording , gets you a call back 2 to 3 days later.

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”