It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:22 am

Shop sabre

Shop Sabre plasma table discussion forum
stray cat

Shop sabre

Postby stray cat » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:37 pm

does anyone have a shop sabre? if so how does it work? I think i getting very close to ordering one but after my last table i need to do my homework before i buy another one. any help on a new table would be great.

Thanks Greg

WSS

Re: Shop sabre

Postby WSS » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:36 pm

From personal experience I can recommend a DynaTorch. It is servo and gearbox driven and has REALLY good tech support. Our machine had a few problems when new and they bent over backwards to fix the problems, even fixed a couple a things out of warranty. They have even made upgrades to the software based on my requests, they have done this for many guys. It is a plasma/oxy-fuel/waterjet/laser capable machine. We use ours for both oxy and plasma.

I believe it is in the same price range as a ShopSabre.

WSS

ALLOHIO

Postby ALLOHIO » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:10 am

I recieved my shop sabre 7214 about a month ago and have done some small projects that I was holding off on and the cut quality was great. I upgraded to servo with ball screw drive to also support a router,knife or whatever I put on it down the road. I have had some small problems but were easy fixes with the great support team of jason and ben. The software I feel is nice being it cuts in arcs instead of line segments for a much smoother cut. Along with the hypertherm 85a it is night and day from my other table.

Paul

stray cat

Postby stray cat » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:08 pm

thanks guys, i talked to DynaTorch today they had some good deals too. i never thought i would be looking for a new table when mine isn't even 6 months old. :x

quadboy

Postby quadboy » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:24 am

What was your old table and why did you change up. What table did you go with and are you happy with it.

Return to “Shop Sabre”