LDR Motion Systems table has arrived

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
jimmyrig
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

LDR Motion Systems table has arrived

Post by jimmyrig »

Well she finally arrived, my LDR Motion Systems plasma table... And after a few hours of what does this do and trying to read the manual for the plasma cutter we have success! :mrgreen:

The Table if made by LDR motion systems

Still learning how to control lead in=
Scratch
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Table has arrived

Post by Scratch »

Nice! Congrats on bringing that expensive baby home! I like the way the slats are curved.... may have to incorporate that into mine....
I think I'm the oldest 10 year old boy on the forum...
Eagle Mtn Metal Works
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Eagle Mtn Metal Works »

jimmy The setup looks nice, but I notice that you have your controller and the CPU plugged into a power strip. You may want to consider plugging them both into a good UPS power sorces to cut down any power noise and or power spikes that mite damage your CPU and or your table controller and make sure that the table has a good earth ground not just the main power sorce ground. Good luck with your new toy I mean tool. :lol: Hay I also saw that the CPU com cable is laying on the torch cable, You may want to seperate it from the torch cable to prevent EMI noise it will play havic on the machine and CPU. Ck this out with Jim at Hyperthurm.
Rod S in AZ
jimmyrig
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by jimmyrig »

Thanks for the tips but a couple of quick questions:
You may want to consider plugging them both into a good UPS power sources What is that ...????

good earth ground : Okay I understand this one, my question is how do I get a good earth ground in a shop ?
jimmyrig
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by jimmyrig »

I was so eager to test this bad boy that I didn't clean it all up... Now I am organizing my cables, and wires as well as making an overhead torch lead cable holder......... I love this tool, toy, hahahaha... Its like getting a new pool, all you buddies want to come test it out....

A special Thanks to Dan at LDR, I am very impressed with everything so far...The shop next door has a Torch mate and he might just be a little jealous ....
Eagle Mtn Metal Works
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Jimmyrig I will try to upload the pic of my table.
send me your email so i can send you the pic I could not get them to upload on the forum. Drill a hole in the floor and drive a 5/8x8' ground rod through the floor so only about 6-8" are still showing Hook a multi strand cable that is the same size and type as the ground cable on your torch ground at a min. from the ground rod sticking out of the floor to the grate on your table and keep the cable as short as possible. The UPS is a Uninterrupted power source that will give you a clean power source. Make sure that it is big enough to protect both pcs. of equipment. Ck the full load amperage of both the controller and the plasma cuter and then you will know how big of one that you will need. You can pick them up at your local electronics store. Hope that this helps.
Rod S in AZ
Eagle Mtn Metal Works
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

jimmyrig just sent you the pic again.
Rod S in AZ
jimmyrig
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by jimmyrig »

Still not working lets try regular email
Eagle Mtn Metal Works
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Hey jimmy did U get them send me Email
Rod S in AZ
jimmyrig
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by jimmyrig »

HAHAH nope.... Our emails do not like each other... Can you post it here? I am sure many will benefit
Eagle Mtn Metal Works
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Just our luck tried to upload the pic but file failed to load lol I gess it just not ment to be HAHA
Rod S in AZ
santoni
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by santoni »

Plasma cutting produces a lot of smoke which is very bad for health - everyone knows it. But not all tables come fitted with smoke extraction system.

For the smoke extraction there are two options - (1) to capture and exhaust the smoke along with air, and (2) treat the air before letting it out. In countries where pollution control norms are not so stringent the first option can be exercised. In most developed countries latter is the only option.

Smoke extraction and exhaust is certainly better than letting the smoke spread indoors.

Smoke removal systems (whether air is let out after treatment or without) has to capture the smoke directly from the table - before it spreads. Some people try it by providing a hood from the top which is not very effective because the plasma torch throws the flame and smoke downward due to compressed air. The right method is to suck it from bottom.

For large plasma cutting tables suction of smoke from the whole of table is neither a practical idea nor it is economically viable. To ensure that efficient smoke extraction can be carried out with low power consumption the table has to be divided into sections and the suction has to follow the torch. For this too several designs have been developed with different degrees of success and complexity involved.

Scrap removal is another issue which becomes difficult once suction systems are employed.

For details of simple and effective smoke removal and treatment systems you can contact me at info@santoni-india.com.

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”