homebuilt air dryer (refrigerant)

Share and learn with other DIY members who have built their own plasma tables and accessories.
hardsteel
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

homebuilt air dryer (refrigerant)

Post by hardsteel »

as it is very hard to have this machine here in libya easy (not available anywhere )and as i used to build things myself . this is my last project i want to share with you and have some advice . when i wanted to buy one to save time , i found that it will cost here in libya about (1500$) , to bring it form out side not cheaper than about 800$ , so building one is nice choice and considring have some info in this new field to me . after searching in internet i found some ideas about but the only think i added to these ideas to put the exchanger in a box filled with water inside the freezer , in my opinion it gives more heat transfer as the mass of the water keep the cooling energy when no air flowing and give it immediately better than without .
do you think this is more effective as in case i have continual air flow the tubes will be warm and need a little long time to cool from frozen air , but water gives that fast as it contact the tube with frozen mass.
here is some photos.
i am waiting for you advice and comments

total cost 300$ considering no damage just four small holes
Rafik Alhaji

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

redfarm
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: homebuilt air dryer (refrigerant)

Post by redfarm »

Well done.
JJsCustomDesigns
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: homebuilt air dryer (refrigerant)

Post by JJsCustomDesigns »

Does this work well? Ive been thinking building a refridgerated air dryer. I get water B-A-A-A-A-D. I sometimes have to drain the compressor 3-4 times in just a few hours. Been looking for a solution.
"There are bigger things planned for you in your life, be patient"

Im on the prowl for a good used Hypertherm Plasma with hand torch.
PM me with details
Thanks

Return to “DIY Plasma Table & Accessory Discussion Forum”