It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:19 pm

New plasma table build

Share and learn with other DIY members who have built their own plasma tables and accessories.
schmaus

New plasma table build

Postby schmaus » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:49 pm

Plasma gantry
plasma gantry.jpg
controller
completed controller .jpg
THC board and voltage divider
voltage divider and THC board.jpg
First off I have to give a big THANK YOU to AdrianH on this board for all the help with figuring out the homemade THC. It works very well as a simple THC.

I finally got to a point that I start a thread about my new table. I have been running my electronics on a borrowed table for about 6 months. so I have all the bugs worked out for that part. I just finished the gantry and am ready to start the table fabrication.

The specs.
4' x 4' with enough over travel to cut a full 48" and add plate marker later
currently running UCCNC and UC100 ( would like to try Linuxcnc after table is complete)
Gecko G540
381oz steppers
3 to 1 gear reduction
shs 15 rails for X and Z axis
SBI 20 rails for dual drive Y axis
20 pitch rack and 1" diametrical pitch pinion
gantry is 62# without wiring and torch ( a little heavier then I wanted. was shooting for 50#)

You do not have access to download this dxf file.
Become a Contributing Member to gain access to the thousands of files shared by our members. Click Here

schmaus

Re: New plasma table build

Postby schmaus » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:00 pm

Also I am running a Hypertherm 1000
Still trying to decide on a water table or down draft. I had a down draft on my Torchmate 2x2 table and really liked it. I had it set up with an M code to turn it on at start of cut and off at end of the program. But I used a Harbor freight dust collector blower and I don't think that will cut it for a 4x4 table. the table I am using now has a water table and I hate the mess and constant evaporation. If I do a water table it will have to have an auto fill of some sort. I think I can easily come up with a way to control it with an M code.

gamble
Elite Contributing Member
Elite Contributing Member

Postby gamble » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:50 pm

Looks great. Where did you get the motor brackets?
I want to build my own but not a clue where to start
Torchmate 2x2 - Flashcut
Powermax 45 - Machine torch
Taig CNC Mill - Flashcut
Razorweld Distributor

schmaus

Postby schmaus » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:13 pm

I machined all the parts myself. I can give you all the drawing files I have drawn. I plan on sharing all the drawing anyway. I just wanted to clean them up alittle first as I only drew what I needed to machine them. the gear reduction units are from cncrouterparts.com. I drew the motor mounts from there basic design. you could just buy theirs.

Return to “DIY Plasma Table & Accessory Discussion Forum”