It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:22 pm

Last Water table build

Share and learn with other DIY members who have built their own plasma tables and accessories.
acourtjester
Elite Contributing Member
Elite Contributing Member

Last Water table build

Postby acourtjester » Wed May 09, 2018 1:01 pm

Here is the last water table I built for a 4' X 8' table, I used a 5' X 10' sheet of 18 Ga steel. I cut 9" off one end and cut and removed from each corner a 4.5" square. I had a sheet metal fab shop bend up the 4 sides to give a 4.5" depth for the water table. Each corner seam was welded and a 3/4" pipe was welded near one corner for a drain valve. The pins for the slates were 5" apart as shown in the image, the first and third cross support started at the edge for the first pin. And the second and forth cross support the first pin started at 5" in from the edge. The pins are 1/4" rod and the slates are 8' X 1.5" X 1/8" flat stock, when slate are mounted form an "S" shape which hold them so there can be not wiggle of the slates. The support frame was 2" X 2" X 3/16" angle and formed a 48" X 92" base for the slates.
stephen's water table (5).JPG

stephen's water table (6).JPG

You do not have access to download this dxf file.
Become a Contributing Member to gain access to the thousands of files shared by our members. Click Here

DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
CandCNC DTHC-IV & Feather Touch
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PM 256 tig

Return to “DIY Plasma Table & Accessory Discussion Forum”