Anyone know anything about Premier Plasma tables

Share and learn with other DIY members who have built their own plasma tables and accessories.
topkote
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Anyone know anything about Premier Plasma tables

Post by topkote »

Is anyone familiar with these units?

https://premierplasmacnc.com/

Thanks,

Mike
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Anyone know anything about Premier Plasma tables

Post by acourtjester »

Personally I am not a fan of bolt together table.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
motoguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by motoguy »

acourtjester wrote:Personally I am not a fan of bolt together table.
Same here. Accidentally dropped a 5x12 sheet of 3/4" steel off the forklift, onto the edge of my table. Sheet weighed approx 1900 lbs. It kind of dented/chamfered the top corner of the table as it bounced/slid off the table to the floor.

That's it.

Gouged some hellacious marks out of the concrete floor, though. I can't imagine what that may have done to a lesser-framed table.
Bulltear 6x12 w/ Proton Z axis & watertable
CommandCNC/Linux w/ Ohmic & HyT options
Hypertherm Powermax 85 w/ machine torch
Solidworks, Coreldraw X7, Inkscape, Sheetcam
Brand X
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Brand X »

I like the versatility of bolt together 80/20 tables.. Plenty strong, but expensive to do correctly.. Way more cost then steel overall to get it there.
_Ogre
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by _Ogre »

i'd be afraid to put a full sheet of 10ga on that table
the legs and frame are bent 10 or 12ga attached with 1/4'' bolts from what i see on their website
zero cable management, everything hanging from the ceiling
gear rack drive system, but it's welded on
straight slats are spaced 4'' apart

imo you should look around, you'd be looking to make improvements on that table from the get-go
bulltear 4x8 cnc plasma table, candcnc bladerunner w/dthc, hypertherm powermax 65, sheetcam, mach3
laser cross hair for hypertherm torch http://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12508
an ogre smiley :mrgreen: how cool!
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

If all you want is something to play around with and don't mind doing some upgrades (like adding in a THC) and being limited to lighter gauge material ,then it might be a reasonable starter table . If its going to set most of the time unused than no reason to spend more. I would worry more about table vibration and flex than how heavy the sheet it will hold. Slinging the gantry around at 200 + IPM and reversing it causes the table to flex and then spring back and the table has a different inertia than the material so you get waffle cuts on the corners. Don't expect good cuts at higher cut rates with roller bearings rolling down square tube. Don't expect a lot of tech support. There is not enough money in the price to have a crew in place to take calls and answer questions. Ask about a warranty (who handles the warranty on the electronics and what is it) It's not going to be a precision table but it beats cutting by hand. Is there any other way to get help than calling on the phone? It won't have much resale value because most buyers are looking for something that is not a weekend hobby tool. Be careful and never send money to a company where you have no recourse. If they won't take Paypal or a credit card don't do the deal. Remember, that you have a limited time to file a grievance that starts the day you pay. Its a common misconception that you can get a refund from your CC company but if they ship you SOMETHING and have proof it gets a lot harder. Get a written invoice with a projected delivery date and expense. A website with videos and pretty pictures is no indication of the quality of the merchandise or of any guarantee you will even get what you pay for. The price point this is in has a history fo being a scam area so be careful. If you can't find other (real) users on this list or places like CNCZone then be wary. You certainly don't want to be either the first or the last customer they sell to.
topkote
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by topkote »

Thank you guys for the replies. I will take your advice. That's why I joined this site... you can't replace experience. I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Mike
little blue choo
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by little blue choo »

Just looked at their website. It states the unit comes unassembled with instruction to assemble. Most of the people who would purchase a table of this quality would not be able to get it set to cut properly. I would want my table assembled and tested before shipment. Just my 2 cents.

Rick
Rick
Arclight 9600 4x8 table
Hypertherm PM65
Acc. Plate Marker, 4 inch Pipe Cutter, Wood Router package
Quincy Q54 compressor 2 stage, 5hp, 60 gal
Refrigerated air dryer & 4 stage filtration system
Software Mach 3, Sheetcam, Solid Edge 2D, Inkscape

Return to “DIY Plasma Table & Accessory Discussion Forum”