Alive at last

Share and learn with other DIY members who have built their own plasma tables and accessories.
Dingo745
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Alive at last

Post by Dingo745 »

After a lot of head scratching and thanks to Andrew Shmatok's help, time and patience we finally have my DIY 5'x5' CNC plasma cutter working correctly, and more importantly Andrew's Torch Height Controller, the Neuron Simplicity is able to control the cutting operations.
Andrew Shmatok is the designer of the Neuron Simplicity THC http://neuroncnc.com/products/neuronalone and has given me fantastic after sales service by remotely helping me set up the controller and other settings all done remotely via Skype with him in the Ukraine, and me in Oz.
So I can honestly say that he sells and backs up a fantastic product and old adage of you get what you pay for definitely rings true with the Neuron THC.
Anyhow this is just a test part, but it does cut as it's intended.
So again, thanks Andrew your a champ

DIY 5'x5' CNC made by owner
Hypertherm Powermax 30 XP
Neuron Simplicity THC
Mach3
SheetCam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUbnkX2CI-U
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Alive at last

Post by acourtjester »

I am always amazed that people will post tutorial videos on youtube and never speak a word. :? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Dingo745
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Dingo745 »

Well I was too excited that it was finally operable to say anything, but picture is worth a thousand word so they say.
So why be so harsh on an excited newbie. experts start from the bottom as well old mate.
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

just jerking your chain you missed the :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Dingo745
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Dingo745 »

All good mate. I have nothing to tell anyone about plasma cnc 's as it's my first foray into plasma but I have built three cnc routers and also had an large ebay CO2 laser engraver cutter.
Everyone of them has been a learning experience trying to get to competent in the use of the machines and various softwares.
I an absolute newbie with SheetCam and only purchased that yesterday so I have a lot to learn about that, at least I used Mach3 for a while so I know the in's and out's of that so that is a good thing.
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

There is a lot of great info here on SheetCam just pose your questions for help someone will answer, youtube also has info and Arclight's site too.
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Hambone404
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Hambone404 »

I also have had very good experiences with my Neuron THC. I bought the lite version a few years ago. http://neuroncnc.com/products/lite. Andrew Shmatok surely knows his stuff and his unwavering support (almost 24/7) is second to none. Love my THC!

Return to “DIY Plasma Table & Accessory Discussion Forum”