Anyone have some input on breakout boards and thc

Share and learn with other DIY members who have built their own plasma tables and accessories.
Mattpeshal
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Anyone have some input on breakout boards and thc

Post by Mattpeshal »

Hi everyone,
I'm building a small 4x4 table. I don't have any pictures of it yet buts it's pretty cool.
I built a cnc router a few years ago and I'm using it to make most of the parts for this build.
My router machine runs off of mach3 and I'm very comfortable with it. Does anyone have some input as far as breakout boards that are mach3 compatable and will work with a THC?
I'm not dead set on mach3 but I already have it on my router's computer. I would like to use a computer to both create files as well as run the plasma machine. I do the same with my router but I don't like how slow the computer is, being a 32bit. That's kinda why I may steer away from Mach3.
Please feel free to chime in with any input or experiences with alternative programs,BOB's
Thanks everyone
BTA Plasma
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Anyone have some input on breakout boards and thc

Post by BTA Plasma »

Depending on the type of Mach you may not need to be worried about using a old or new PC. Recent advancements in Mach take the step and direction away from the PC and use Ethernet cables to a board mounted elsewhere. This allows the PC data stream to be used for different purposes. WinCNC is another one however I have heard horror stories of its user interface and THC...but I cannot say first hand
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Anyone have some input on breakout boards and thc

Post by acourtjester »

I have used this BOB on the table I built works with both router and plasma, THC included.
Mach 3 has all the inputs for both uses.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/361527280383?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “DIY Plasma Table & Accessory Discussion Forum”