Mach3 experts in Southern WI/Northern IL

Share and learn with other DIY members who have built their own plasma tables and accessories.
nandrus
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Mach3 experts in Southern WI/Northern IL

Post by nandrus »

I am at my end with my table. I can not get it to be consistent. I have a precision plasma gantry kit with Dragoncut DTHCII electronics kit. 90% of the time when I turn my table on and open Mach3 I have to open and close it 2 or 3 times to get my torch to fire on a program Im cutting. I also have an issue with the torch crashing into the material, I have adjusted the Z offset switch in Mach3, I have also adjusted it in Sheetcam and it doesn't make a difference.
Capstone
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Mach3 experts in Southern WI/Northern IL

Post by Capstone »

Nandrus, I feel your frustration. I have pretty much the same setup. The biggest culprits are improper motor tuning and checking with CandCNC on their standard troubleshooting measures for use of the DTHC II. The voltage settings and making sure to use SheetCAM to create cut paths that play nice with the Torch Height controls are where most things go wrong. Unfortunately if there's one thing I know first hand, these *bleeping* tables can't run themselves, as much as we'd think they should.

Since this is your first post, I recommend you head back to CandCNC and really spend some quality time in their forum.
Phil
It's all relative...
CNC Metal Design
Instagram CNC Metal Design
JD Squared 4x8
HT PM45, Miller 251 MIG

Return to “DIY Plasma Table & Accessory Discussion Forum”