Plate Marker questions

Questions, information, project pics and more relating to plate markers, engravers, and scribes.
WyoGreen
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Plate Marker questions

Post by WyoGreen »

I've been busy with Christmas rush, so haven't had time to work with the scribe. I do know that sheetcam treats lines different from arcs and circles. There is a bug in sheetcam that won't post things right on arcs and circles, but works fine on straight lines. The bug only shows up when you change from scribe operations to plasma operations. I am a bit puzzled why the z axis is moving at all after the initial height setting when doing plate marker operations. I guess I need to get back into programming mode and figure out the posts a little better.

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
WyoGreen

Post by WyoGreen »

I thought I'd post a follow-up. I moved my down pressure regulator closer to the air cylinder today. I can now run my down pressure at 3 to 5 psi, which allows my scribe to "float" without trying to drag the material around. So the 12' of air line was making quite a difference in my air cylinder down speed. I ended up with 1.5 seconds of delay on my scribe before starting to move. Now the scribe is working the way I thought it should.

On to other projects, Steve :D
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
_Ogre
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by _Ogre »

i was scribing some 16ga aluminum and no matter what i stacked on the aluminum i couldn't get the material from moving on me. the sheet was vibrating like a drum. i solved the dragging material around problem by buying harbor fright mini visegrips (set of 4 for $7) and welding a simple angle bracket on them.

i do have big hands, but these are micro visegrips :mrgreen:

my slat holders are 10 ga fingers bent into angles. they hold my slats 10ga width off the bottom of my water table tray. the angle bracket on the visegrip slides under the slat and holds the material firm

bulltear 4x8 cnc plasma table, candcnc bladerunner w/dthc, hypertherm powermax 65, sheetcam, mach3
laser cross hair for hypertherm torch http://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12508
an ogre smiley :mrgreen: how cool!
Rockenjvdesign
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Rockenjvdesign »

has anyone put a plate maker on a plasma cam? I was told it would work and then told by plasma cam that it wont cuz it wont run the code so im kinda stuck in the middle
Rocken JV Design We do it all
Plasma cam DHC2
hypertherm powermax 45
Custom furniture
Home décor
Dale1962
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Dale1962 »

we've been having problems dialng our scribe i, we are running a candcnc blade runner ether-cut we are running 2 110 volt solenoids plugged into the aux port on the blade runner box, right now we have output 2 on Mach3 hooked to the slide when energized slide up and output 3 on mach3 is hooked to the scribe on and off \when energized scribe on we are using post 11D3 in sheetcam does anyone know what to do to get the scribe to work properly in the sheetcam post. especialy the m codes for the slide for both the slide up and down and scribe on and off in the post in sheetcam 1D3.

details please

thank you
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

are you triggering the slide down and scribe with the same output (solenoid) and slide up with the other? I don't need slide up (spring internal) and I just use one output for both slide down and scribe and it works fine.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
f_armer
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by f_armer »

Tie your solenoids together and run them from one output.
have your slide go down when your solenoid is energized.
the way you have it you'd have to have your solenoid energized at all times to keep it up?
4x8 bulltear
Hypertherm pm45
Miller 252
Miller syncrowave 210
_Ogre
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by _Ogre »

you should be running a 5 port single solenoid (spring return) air valve
spring return; returns the valve when power is off and retracts the air slide
solenoid activated; runs the air slide down and turns on the scribe
no need for 2 solenoid valves, or if you have 2 solenoids plug the power in together

m07 and m08 turn on the aux outputs, m09 turns of both aux outputs
i believe the default output in scriber post processor is m07, but it can be changed to m08 or visa versa

this is my air scribe setup using 1 solenoid; many others use 2 solenoids

bulltear 4x8 cnc plasma table, candcnc bladerunner w/dthc, hypertherm powermax 65, sheetcam, mach3
laser cross hair for hypertherm torch http://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12508
Dale1962
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Dale1962 »

thank you all, we think we have that gremlin figured out we still have one more, when scribeing the Z axis goes down to the plate they say to set Z to nil in sheetcam when we do that we get error message during post prcessing any hints?
_Ogre
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by _Ogre »

Dale1962 wrote:we get error message during post prcessing
and you always will, or at least i always do
Dale1962
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Dale1962 »

Still having issues with the z axis going down during a scribe operation any help would be wonderful, we are running a candcnc ethercut blade runner along with sheetcam post processor 11D3, and mach3

Thanks

Return to “Plate Markers, & Air Scribes”