Help needed! Dialing in a new plate marker.

Questions, information, project pics and more relating to plate markers, engravers, and scribes.
modelaratrod
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Help needed! Dialing in a new plate marker.

Post by modelaratrod »

I'm looking for a good file that has both plate marking and plasma cutouts in it and a reference to what it should look like. Like a sugar skull with some detail that can be done with the air scribe and then some cut outs for the plasma.

Thanks in advance.
5x10 Torchmate 2 w/AVHC
Hypertherm PM85 w/ machine & hand torch.
wilber
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Help needed! Dialing in a new plate marker.

Post by wilber »

i would make you one real fast but i am not near my computer. I would just make a random shape i would think a star or something like that so you would get full 360 movement. Then just make copy of it reduce the size a little and center it.

that is how i would do it.

William
*** DynaTorch Super B 4x8 with a Hypertherm Powermax 65****
wilber
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by wilber »

did you find something that would work? If not saturday night when i get home i will make something for ya.
*** DynaTorch Super B 4x8 with a Hypertherm Powermax 65****
modelaratrod
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by modelaratrod »

Thanks! I've tried a few things, I'm still trying to get the mechanics of it dialed in. When it comes to the dxf's it's a matter of making the tool change in the gcode and telling it what's plasma and what's plate marker and when and what gets done first. I love TM support but I work the same hours @ my day job so it's hard to call when I have questions. Last week I went to work an hour early so I could haul arse home and call them and that got me most of the software settings I needed.
5x10 Torchmate 2 w/AVHC
Hypertherm PM85 w/ machine & hand torch.

Return to “Plate Markers, & Air Scribes”