EASYSCRIBER

All topics related specifically to the EasyScriber drag style scribe & engraving tool.
Leeds88
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

EASYSCRIBER

Post by Leeds88 »

Hi,

Just came across the EasyScriber on the plasma spider store!!

Looks like a great price of kit, is there anybody that has one that could share there thoughts on it?

My main concern was does it put added stress on the gantry components because it's dragging across the steel??

Thanks
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: EASYSCRIBER

Post by weldguy »

I have the easyscriber and do not find it puts any stress on the gantry components. It's a very fine diamond tip, not a lot of drag to cause unwanted stress.

As a result of the fine tip the scribe marks are narrower and more precise than you will achieve with a pneumatic scriber. This may or may not be a benefit depending on what your wanted to do with it.

I use mine mainly for marking drill locations for small holes I wouldn't want to plasma cut and for marking break lines where I want to bend material in the press break and its awesome for me. Best thing I find is its super easy to install and remove when I need it, I don't need a big pneumatic setup on my gantry all the time.
Leeds88
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Leeds88 »

Ok brilliant yes it looks super easy to install

I purely want it for engraving part numbers onto 6-10mm thick plates before I cut them out, do you think it would do the job?

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it!!
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

Yes I think its perfectly suited for putting part numbers in plates. It doesn't displace material like a pneumatic scribe, it scratches the surface so it's not as deep and defined but I prefer that for what I am doing. Its super fast and quiet compared to pneumatic scribes also which is nice.
Leeds88
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

EASYSCRIBER QUESTIONS

Post by Leeds88 »

Just what I wanted to hear thanks for the info!!
PPD
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by PPD »

Does it still have height sensing?
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

PPD wrote:Does it still have height sensing?
No, height sensing on any plasma table I have seen requires arc voltage to determine the height. No arc or air is present when the scriber is in use so you set your scribe height in your control software. I set my machine to back off .250" once it finds the material and this provides great results and the spring loaded tip will follow any height variations in your material if your cutting deck is not flat.
PPD
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by PPD »

I see, was not aware of the spring loaded tip. Thanks for the response!!
ETCWeld
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by ETCWeld »

I just got a price from Lincoln for their plate marker. About $3500. wow This easyscribe looks so much better now. I sent a question to the site asking if my torches magnetic breakaway head would work with this. If so, I'll be buying one asap
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT